Monday, June 28, 2010

Million Mile Monday for HOG

What a great day to participate in the Million Mile Monday for Harley Owners Group aka HOG.  I did it last year and again this year.  You simply log your miles for the day within the 24hours of today on their website to be counted in the total miles driven around the world by HOG members. 
Last year I rode with 3 friends to Grossbeck, Tx for lunch and then a friend of mine, Tina Rae that lives on the lake down there, came up on her Honda......yes I said HONDA, to lead me down to her place on the lake.  (I have respect for anyone on 2 wheels)  We had a great visit with her parents and I got a first class tour of the lake property along with the house Tina is building HERSELF!  (dang I am impressed, even tho Tina is quick to remind me she has had help from family and friends along the way.)  Anyway, we decide this year Tina Rae would ride up to my house in Burleson on Sunday so we could take off from there together.  Winding around back roads here and there, thru Meridian and Hamilton with a final destination Waco.  We planned to part at Waco so she could get home easily from there, but first gotta stop at the Elite Cafe on the circle for dessert!  We've been good girls, we deserve some CHOCOLATE!! (with ice cream of course!!)  No we did not eat all of it!  This was 1lb of cake!  Tina Rae took over half of it home to her mom.  But the half we ate was yum yum!!
As you can see from this pic, Tina Rae is on a Low Rider now which she has named Silver Angel.  So we are the two Angels flying down the road when we are together...and that's on Harleys, not brooms....he he he.
  She had it better than me getting home, I got rained on 3 times.  The first time I had my hydration vest on.........YIKES, suddenly I remembered the instructions said not to soak it more than 10 minutes or it could explode.  I had to pull over and get that thing off.  I envisioned my vest bursting open as I was flying down the road in the rain.......not good, not good at all.  Rain in the summer tho not so bad to ride in, just go slow till the slipper chemicals wash off the road.  Then after that it's a lot like playing in the rain when you were a kid.  Of course Rooster was home pacing a little while waiting to hear my Red Angel pull into the Harley Closet aka garage.  He had the door open and was standing there waiting when I safely rolled in.  I love that he lets me be me even tho he worries. 
Home safe with a big smile on my face.  Was great to spend time with Tina Rae on the road.  Gonna do it again next year.

HUGE TEXAS HUGS
Rosey Beth

1 comment:

  1. MY MIRROR ROSEY BETH, IT WAS A WONDERFRUL RIDE JUST US 2 GALS TAKING OUR TIME SEEING THE ANIMALS ALONG THE WAY AND THE CLOUDS, AND FEELING FREE.. MY SPIRIT NEEDED THAT AS MUCH AS YOURS DID TOO. I WILL BE READY BEFORE THE YEAR IS OUT.. WISH I WAS RIDIN TO CANADA WITH YALL.. WHAT AN ADVENTURE Y'ALL ARE GOING TO HAVE.. LIVIN & LOVIN IT..

    ReplyDelete

Rosey Roads Tested!!