Friday, June 4, 2010

Canada is just weeks away!

Today is June 4th. Friday. We are having a garage sale to earn just a little more spending money for our trip.

I'm getting ahead of myself aren't I........

I'm Rosey Beth and my Huney is Rooster. We both ride Harley's. Mine 2005 Heritage Softtail Classic and Roosters 2008 Ultra Classic. We have been planning a very special trip from Texas to Canada on our motorcycles. I am so excited that it's all I think about. I have decide to take you along with us via this blog.

You see I have been riding since 1993 and I have been as far East as Myrtle Beach, SC and as far West as Santa Barbara, CA.

Then in 2005 I met Rooster. I'm pretty sure God planned it that way now when I look back at it all but........spent a year making sure and married in Feb 2006. That's when we started having the most excellent adventures.

Rooster and I rode down to South Padre Island in 2006 where we joined a planned ride with hundreds of bikers to cross the Mexican border together. It was amazing. We had security in Nuevo Progresso so we didn't worry about anything. Of course we didn't stay that long either.

After Rooster bought his Ultra he asked me one day about where I would want to go next and I said Canada. That way I have made a complete cross, side to side, top to bottom of this great country of ours. Now I know some of you may say "What about Alaska"? Well, I will save Alaska for a cruise when I'm too old to ride. Or maybe I will ride a trike to Alaska cause that's my plan when I get too old to throw my leg over my Red Angel aka Heritage.

By the way, I'm 59 so I figure maybe another 10 years before I start converting my bike to a trike. Until then.........I'll be on 2 wheels, YEE HAW!!

My goal is to continue to blog about our plans and packing issues for this upcoming 2 week trip to Canada. It is a challenge to pack everything you might need just in clothing alone. But I will get into that as time gets closer. I will also give you our route and post pics as the adventure unfolds. I can tell you our first days plan is to get out of Texas. Our starting point is Fort Worth, TX and it is HOT HOT HOT till you get out of Texas in July. We can do it tho........ But there I go again, getting ahead of myself. Check in again soon. I'll keep ya posted!!  Can't wait for July 24th when we head out....destination CANADA!!  YEE HAW

Rosey Beth

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rosey! Looking forward to following your adventures to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly V welcome!! Do you ride?

    ReplyDelete

Rosey Roads Tested!!