Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hydration Vest Report Card

Yesterday was as hot as today.....sizzle sizzle!  But I was cool as a cucumber.  Hummm, that would be a cucumber that is in the fridge cause if it's still on the vine it would be a cooked cucumber.  Ok now I'm just yakking.......

Let's start over.  Saturday morning early, Rooster is awake and ready for breakfast.  We hop on the bikes to putt over to our favorite local breakfast place, The Porch.  It's in the Olde Towne part of Burleson.  Love breakfast there.  So after breakfast, as I said on my last post, Rooster had to get back to the house to work on company stuff.  I have a goal for the day, to test out the Hydration Vest I purchased at the end of last summer from the Longhorn Harley Davidson in Arlington, (be sure to ask for Cat in apparel, she knows her stuff).  I read the directions on the label and it said to soak in water for no more than 10 minutes or the vest could EXPLODE!!  Holy Moly!!  Well I can say it puffed up in 10 minutes and I had to use a towel to wrap it up while walking to the garage to let it drip a while before putting it on.  It weighed a lot more now too.  It's about 11ish by now and warming up out.  I'm thinking this is my window of opportunity to go on my solo ride.  Kiss Kiss Rooster, see ya later.

I zip this 20lb vest on me (not really 20lbs, just heavy) and off I go, but where to?
Well, one short run back to The Porch cause there's a new restaurant across from there that happened to be in a house I once rented back in 2000.  I loved that house and wanted to buy it but the landlord had a cash cow and he knew it so he wouldn't sell it to me.  The new restaurant is JJ's Oyster Bar.  I parked next door and a big fellow was getting out of his truck about the same time.  "Howdy, I'm Rosey", he shakes my tiny hand in his big ruff one, "Howdy I'm Chuck, I did all the work on this place"....."well Chuck, I used to live here, would love to see what you've done to it".  'Come on in ,I will give you a personal tour'.  Very impressive.  Worth a trip to check it out.
Now it's time to put some miles under my seat and it's really warmed up....well into the 90's.  I decide to head up TX174 thru Burleson to Cleburne to connect onto FM4 heading East to Grandview I35W to head back home.  Short ride of only 60 miles but it was still almost 2 before I parked my Red Angel in her Harley closet aka garage. 
Thanks to the Hydration Vest I could have rode for hours.  Was still very comfortable.  So it got an A+ on my report card.  BUT......it has been hanging in my bathroom for over 24 hours and is just now down to folding size.  Maybe I need to test it again and actually wear it in the wind all day so it will shrink back up faster.  On DE-Hydration I give it a C.  That grade is subject to change according to the results of a longer test.  To be continued........

See you down the road.........YEE HAW
Big Texas Hugs,
Rosey Beth

1 comment:

  1. GOOD GOING BETH IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME. GOOD TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING SO GOOD. HAVE FUN FOR ME - DON IN ARKANSAS

    ReplyDelete

Rosey Roads Tested!!