Saturday, June 26, 2010

28 DAYS AND COUNTING DOWN!

Yep, only 28 more days till we roll out of the driveway to head north to Canada!  A million things are going thru my head.  Gotta get the bikes serviced.  Gotta put together a firstaid kit.  Gotta find Rooster and me a lightweight mesh shirt to wear with our hydration vest since the sun will bake our skin on our arms even tho the vest will keep us cool getting out of Texas.  Gotta find me a bag that's not so much trouble to get on and off my bike.  That's four Gotta's that I have in the front of my mind and plenty to come along as these 28 days race by. If I start packing now, I will over do it and pack too much.  Slow down Rosey........hmmm that would make a good song title don't you think?
So for today I am going to stop the Gotta's, because I am having a very special guest coming for the weekend.  My Grandson Zach.  He is 19 and amazing....not that I'm biased.  We are going to a pool party at Chrome and Johnboys house.  They are biker friends of ours.  We didn't meet on bikes or even at a rally.  We met at our local gym.  Come to find out we know some of the same people, other riders of course.  Anyway I'm glad we have the pool party to go to with Zach, he might get a little bored if he had to just hang with Memaw and Rooster.  There will be pretty young things at the pool party to keep him occupied I'm sure.  Zach is headed for the Marines next month.  I am scared for him but so proud too that he wants to do this for his country.  I pray daily for our soldiers and our country.

Big Texas HUGS
Rosey Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rosey Roads Tested!!