Sunday, July 18, 2010

TICK TOCK, TIME TO START THE PACKING PROCESS

First on the list......wash and wax the bikes.  Now some of you are saying....hummm, ya just gonna get it dirty on the trip why wash AND wax it.  Cause experience has taught me this will make my job easier cleaning up my Red Angel when we get back home!  Waxxing is a good way to keep the bug guts and road grim sitting on top of the wax instead of digging in so to speak.  Now I am not a clean freak the way some Harley owners are but I do have pride of ownership so I keep her respectable, but Rooster and I still spent hours washing, rubbing, polishing and waxing our babies.

Here's my girl, Ms.Red Angel is ROAD READY!!


Now to the packing part.......today is Sunday and I will spend most of today putting things in the new bag and taking them out again........it's my process what can I say.  We must be prepared for Hotter than Heck and Brrrr mornings in the mountains.  (With temps over 100 lately that Brrrr sounds pretty good to me).  Anyway, that means the leathers are coming along.  Layering is a must but space is the first and foremost consideration.  So we start with essentials and all else will be added baggage.  Besides there is always the "IT" theory: if I don't have "IT" by the time I'm on the road, I probably don't need "IT" and if I do, I can buy "IT". 

There is one thing I am putting in the bag first so I don't forget it, the passports.  Yep without them we will not be allowed to cross the border into Canada. 

Tick Tock, July 24th will be here in a blink!  I am sooo excited!!  Here I go to start my packing process!!

Big Texas Hugs,
Rosey and Rooster and soon Lynda Lu will join us for our most Excellent Adventure to Canada!!

1 comment:

  1. Your bike looks great! I think keeping it clean extends the life a lot. Bugs are horrible for damaging paint. You will be glad for your warm clothing a few hours a day when you get to my neck of the woods. The mountains are cold in the morning but it is a magical place. I am a bit nuts packing for anything and I always bring too much, so I like your "IT" rule.:) Ride safe.

    ReplyDelete

Rosey Roads Tested!!