Sunday, July 11, 2010

12 MORE DAYS....GOTTA GET THE BIKES SERVICED!

Up at 5 a.m. to get our bikes to Longhorn Harley Davidson in Grand Prairie, Tx.  They have a wonderful service dept. but it ain't cheap baby!!  After all HD stands for hundred dollars, hundred dollars, hundred dollars, right?  Rooster needed 2 new tires, I needed one new tire and a new light in front.  Then found my Red Angel also needed a new battery.  I had noticed she was lugging a little each time I started her lately.

The only thing about going in for service on a Saturday is it's a first come, first serve deal.  We were there before 6 a.m. to get on the list but there were 2 bikes already there!  So we write our names on the list and take off for the Waffle House for a little coffee and breakfast.

Now I don't do so well getting up before I get my beauty sleep in but those folks over there at the Longhorn have a real comfy couch so I took full advantage of it for a while.........but I just can't sleep in all that racket.
Then boredom sets in and what to do, what to do.........

Well there are choices.......shopping is always on the list at a Harley Shop.  I found a great bag for the trip.  Been looking for one with wheels for when I get it off the bike I don't have to lug it to the room.  If I can find a way to work smarter and not harder, I'm going to do it!  Now all I have to do is figure out how to get it on my luggage rack safely.  I have used an old duffel bag since 1996 but it's getting brittle and this is not a ride for a zipper to fail on me.






Tick Tock........time goes so slow when you are just waiting and I can't shop any more or we won't have the money we need for our trip.
















Longhorn also has computers in the waiting area upstairs.  So Rooster is Facebooking and I am checking on www.roseyroads.com 







We are still waiting at lunch time......I'm getting hungry!!  When we got here, they weren't even open yet.  Doors opened at 8 a.m. and we saw them bring in doughnuts for the employees and now we smell chicken......but we wait, cause it's just gotta be soon, right?  Wrong.  It was after 2 p.m. before our bikes were ready.


This is Hector in the Service Dept.  If you ever see his bike you never forget it.  It is covered with skulls.  You might say it has character, just like it's owner.  The first time I saw his bike was in Sturgis years ago.  Then I saw his bike here and there at different rally's but I didn't meet Hector till he started working at Longhorn Harley Davidson.  Hector knows his stuff.  Thanks Hector, my Red Angel is running better than ever and she's road ready.  Rooster's Pearl is ready too.  SWEET!

Tick Tock.......now we wait again for July 24th to hurry up and get here!!

Big Texas Hugs
Rosey and Rooster


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rosey Roads Tested!!